500 grams cream cheese (that’s two 250gr packages, please do not use the light version!)
¾ cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tea spoon vanilla extract (the white extract, but brown will do otherwise)
2 or 3 apples, peeled, halved and sliced (about ½ in thick slices)
½ cup sugar
to taste cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
1 Graham cracker pie crust from the always-reliable Keebler Elves
- I recommend taking the cream cheese out of the fridge and its wrapper about 1 hour before doing this, it makes it easier but will still be good otherwise.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In food processor, whip cream cheese, yolk, sugar and vanilla extract until you reach a smooth, lump-free consistency.
- As cream cheese is processing, place apple slices in bowl with sugar and spices. Mix so to cover slices with the spice/sugar.
- Poor cream cheese mixture in pie crust, arrange apple slices on top.
- Bake for 30 min or until nice and golden brown. Turn the oven off, let cool and serve.